CS/CS/HB 707: Voter Registration List Maintenance
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Metz ; Roth
Voter Registration List Maintenance; Authorizes Department of State to enter into certain interstate agreements or to become member of nongovernmental entity to verify voter registration information; establishes requirements for participation in such agreements or memberships; requires DHSMV to provide specified information to Department of State; establishes reporting requirements.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Ethics and Elections
Bill Text: PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 84
• Introduced -HJ 84
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 423
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 416
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/03/17, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 563
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 563
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 786
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 779
• Read 2nd time -HJ 844
• Amendment(s) adopted (467909) -HJ 844
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 887
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 887
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Appropriations; Rules
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Ethics and Elections
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.