HB 1-A: Economic Development
GENERAL BILL by Renner
Economic Development; Terminating the Displaced Homemaker Trust Fund within the Department of Economic Opportunity; creating the Florida Job Growth Grant Fund within the Department of Economic Opportunity; requiring the Florida Tourism Industry Marketing Corporation to comply with certain per diem and travel expense provisions; creating the Targeted Marketing Assistance Program to enhance the tourism business marketing of small, minority, rural, and agritourism businesses in the state; providing appropriations, etc. APPROPRIATION: $287,000,000
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 3
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 06/07/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 18
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 18
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 06/08/17
• Introduced -HJ 2, 3
• Read 2nd time -HJ 7, 8
• Amendment(s) failed (019449, 377733, 635253) -HJ 8,13
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 21
• Passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 4 -HJ 21, 22
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 83
• Received -SJ 83
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 78
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 78
• Substituted for SB 2-A -SJ 79
• Read 2nd time -SJ 78
• Amendment(s) adopted (196286, 268268, 371940) -SJ 79
• Read 3rd time -SJ 81
• Passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 2 -SJ 81
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (079197, 832137, 872905) -HJ 25, 27
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended (268268, 371940) -HJ 27
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (196286) -HJ 27
• Passed as amended; YEAS 105 NAYS 4 -HJ 27, 28
• In returning messages
• Concurred in House amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) (079197, 832137, 872905) -SJ 82, 83
• Passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 1 -SJ 83
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 28
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-233
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.