SB 100: Taxes and Fees for Veterans and Low-income Persons
Taxes and Fees for Veterans and Low-income Persons; Exempting certain persons and businesses from business taxes and fees; repealing provisions relating to exemptions allowed for disabled veterans of any war or their unremarried spouses; deleting fees for adding the word “Veteran” to an identification card or driver license; prohibiting tax collectors from charging certain driver license service fees to veterans who present specified forms of identification, etc.
Last Action: 3/26/2018 - Chapter No. 2018-80, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7087 (Ch. 2018-118)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 10/26/17, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 12/07/17, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 104
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/11/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 15
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 141
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/18 -SJ 402
• Read 2nd time -SJ 399
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 408
• Passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 408, 409
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 942
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Received -HJ 942
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1006
• Substituted for CS/HB 603 -HJ 1006
• Amendment(s) adopted (583351) -HJ 1006, 1007
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1041
• Amendment 354087 not allowed for consideration
• Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1041
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (583351) -SJ 984, 1015
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1015
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 992
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-80, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7087 (Ch. 2018-118)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.