CS/HB 7087: Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Ways and Means Committee ; Renner ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila
Taxation; Providing for the appointment of the taxpayers' rights advocate within the Department of Revenue by the Chief Inspector General rather than by the department's executive director; authorizing counties imposing the tourist development tax to use the tax revenues to finance channel, estuary, or lagoon improvements; providing that an owner of homestead property that was significantly damaged or destroyed as a result of a named tropical storm or hurricane may elect to have such property deemed abandoned, for the purpose of receiving a certain assessment reduction, if the owner establishes a new homestead property by a specified date; providing sales tax exemptions for the retail sale of certain clothing and school supplies during a specified timeframe; providing a sales tax exemption for specified disaster preparedness supplies during a specified timeframe, etc. APPROPRIATION: Indeterminate
Last Action: 3/27/2018 - Chapter No. 2018-118, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 841 (Ch. 2018-96), SB 100 (Ch. 2018-80)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 610
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 639
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/22/18, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 7 -HJ 681
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 678, 679
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 694
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 782, 783
• Amendment(s) adopted (329559, 339019) -HJ 783, 787
• Amendment(s) failed (352701, 660147) -HJ 787
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 847, 848
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 75 NAYS 35 -HJ 848, 849
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 780
• Received -SJ 779
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 974
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 974
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 620 -SJ 975
• Read 2nd time -SJ 939, 940
• Amendment(s) adopted (844462) -SJ 940, 961
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1053
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as amended (844462) -SJ 1054, 1056
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 3 -SJ 1056
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 7 amendment(s) (365876, 540854, 628272, 648194, 784054, 844462, 911746) -HJ 1417, 1437
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 93 NAYS 12 -HJ 1437
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1438
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-118, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 841 (Ch. 2018-96), SB 100 (Ch. 2018-80)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.