CS/CS/SB 620: Taxation
Taxation; Specifying that certain filing fees for trial and appellate proceedings must be deposited into the State Courts Revenue Trust Fund rather than the General Revenue Fund; providing a documentary stamp tax exemption for notes and mortgages that are given in connection with a loan made by or on behalf of a housing financing authority; revising the military operations that qualify certain servicemembers for an additional ad valorem tax exemption; deleting a condition for unremarried spouses of deceased disabled ex-servicemembers to claim a certain ad valorem tax exemption; providing exemptions from documentary stamp taxes for certain loans made by the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program and the Agricultural Economic Development Program; revising the calculation of certain taxes by the Department of Revenue; reducing the tax levied on rental or license fees charged for the use of real property; increasing, for a specified fiscal year, the total amount of tax credits for the rehabilitation of drycleaning-solvent-contaminated sites and brownfield sites in designated brownfield areas, etc. APPROPRIATION: $1,055,205.00
Last Action: 3/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 7087 -SJ 940
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 11/13/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 103
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 49
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 100
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 01/16/18, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 206
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 753
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 753
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 718, 719
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/18 -SJ 967
• Read 2nd time -SJ 938, 939
• Substituted CS/HB 7087 -SJ 940
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 7087 -SJ 940
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.