HB 1173: Pub. Rec./Nonjudicial Arrest Record of a Minor
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Watson, C. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Joseph
Pub. Rec./Nonjudicial Arrest Record of a Minor; Provides exemption from public records requirements for nonjudicial record of arrest of minor who has successfully completed diversion program; provides for retroactive application; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) SB 1292 passed -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 103
• Introduced -HJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 10:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 421
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 421
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 505
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 505
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/12/20, 10:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 568
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 568
• Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) SB 1292 passed -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.