CS/CS/HB 723: Peer-to-peer Car Sharing
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Fischer ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith, D.
Peer-to-peer Car Sharing; Provides motor vehicle insurance requirements for peer-to-peer car sharing; provides that peer-to-peer car-sharing programs have insurable interest in shared vehicles in specified periods; authorizes peer-to-peer car-sharing programs to own & maintain certain policies of motor vehicle insurance; provides liabilities; requires shared vehicle owners' insurers to indemnify peer-to-peer car-sharing programs under certain circumstances; provides exemptions from vicarious liabilities; authorizes motor vehicle insurance policies to exclude specified coverages; authorizes specified insurers to seek contributions against indemnifications; provides requirements for notifications of implications of liens; requires specified disclosures to shared vehicle drivers & owners; provides requirements for verification & notification relating to motor vehicle safety recalls.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 59
• Introduced -HJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 464
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 460
• Original reference(s) removed: Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee
• CS referred to State Affairs Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 470
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/13/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 2 -HJ 569
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 569
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/27/20, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 4 -HJ 682
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 680
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 693
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.