The Senate will convene for the Organization Session at 9:00 a.m. on November 18, 2014.
2014 Florida Statutes Now Available
The 2014 Florida Statutes are now available under the Laws tab. Additionally, the updated Table of Section Changes and other reference documents are posted under Quick Links on the Statutes page.
2014-15 State Budget
The Florida Legislature passed and Governor Scott signed into law a balanced budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15, allocating unprecedented funding for education, $500 million in broad-based tax relief and more than $3 billion in reserves.
Work Plan Florida 2014 Completed
During the 2014 Legislative Session, President Gaetz and Speaker Weatherford proposed a joint House and Senate work plan for Florida.
Protecting Vulnerable Floridians
During the 2014 Legislative Session, the Florida Senate worked to increase safeguards for Florida's children and seniors by strengthening protections against sexual offenders, enhancing accountability within assisted living facilities and improving Florida's child welfare system.
- Statement from President Gaetz and President-Designate Gardiner on the Passing of Tom Slade October 21, 2014 - Press Release by Majority Office
- In Case You Missed It: Distribution of $60 Million for Cancer Centers October 21, 2014 - Press Release by Majority Office
- Senator Bullard Files Bill To Increase Florida Minimum Wage To $10.10 An Hour October 15, 2014 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...What Happens When You Die? October 14, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Hukill
- In Case You Missed It: Senator Tom Lee: The Case for Amendment 3 October 13, 2014 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Arthenia Joyner Names David Cox New Staff Director October 9, 2014 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senator Chris Smith Announces Civics Call to Action for South Florida Students October 8, 2014 - Press Release by Minority Office
- FLORIDA GULF COAST RESTORATION MOVING FORWARD October 7, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz