The Senate will convene on January 14, 2020, for the 2020 Regular Session.
2019-2020 General Appropriations Act
The balanced budget for fiscal year 2019-2020 increases K-12 education funding by $783 million, increases the total state investment in Hurricane Michael recovery to $1.8 billion, invests $686.8 million in water quality and protection, and replenishes reserves to $3.4 billion in total state reserves.
HB 7123 offers tax savings for families preparing for the upcoming Hurricane Season and the 2019-2020 School Year, lowers the business rent tax, and provides tax relief benefits for hurricane recovery.
Hurricane Michael Recovery
The 2019-2020 General Appropriations Act includes comprehensive long-term recovery funding that brings the total state investment in Hurricane Michael Recovery to $1.859 Billion.
2019 Bill Summaries
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2019 Legislative Session are available on the 2019 Bill Summaries page.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
- Senator Linda Stewart Files Bill to Combat Lewd Conduct November 21, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Sen. Taddeo, Rep. Smith, Rep. Driskell file bill extending Bright Futures Scholarship to Immigrant Students November 21, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Taddeo
- Senator Perry's Newsletter- November 2019 (pdf) November 20, 2019 - Publication by Senator Perry
- Broward Delegation discusses Judicial success in Florida's 17th Judicial Circuit Court November 20, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- The Mayfield Minute: Committee Week 5 with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) November 19, 2019 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Statement by Senate President Galvano Regarding Governor DeSantis’ Budget Recommendations November 18, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- Rader Reader-November 2019 (pdf) November 12, 2019 - Publication by Senator Rader
- The Mayfield Minute: Committee Week 4 with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) November 11, 2019 - Publication by Senator Mayfield