The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/SB 878: Education Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Galvano
Education Accountability; Requiring the State Board of Education to notify the Legislature of any major changes in federal law which may affect the state’s K-20 education performance accountability system; requiring the Board of Governors to make available to the Department of Education all data within the State University Database System which is to be integrated into the K-20 data warehouse; revising provisions relating to schools that are assigned school grades, including colocated schools, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1096 (Ch. 2013-35), SB 1500 (Ch. 2013-40), CS/CS/SB 1720 (Ch. 2013-51)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Rules -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/06/13, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 63
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 196
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 207
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/14/13, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 203
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 210
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 215
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 210
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/13
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 344
• Amendment(s) adopted (427036, 442164, 654774, 700376, 868126) -SJ 344
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 345
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 374
• Amendment(s) adopted (197570) -SJ 374
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• The Senate requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -SJ 387
• Immediately certified -SJ 387
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee: Negron (Chair), Benacquisto (Vice Chair), Flores (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Margolis (At Large), Richter (At Large), Smith (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Appropriations Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice: Bradley (Chair), Clemens, Diaz de la Portilla, Garcia, Joyner; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education: Galvano (Chair), Bullard, Detert, Legg, Montford, Sachs, Thrasher; Appropriations Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Hukill (Chair), Abruzzo, Altman, Brandes, Evers, Ring, Simmons; Appropriations Conference Committee on General Government: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Dean, Simpson, Soto, Stargel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Health and Human Services: Grimsley (Chair), Bean, Flores, Gibson, Sobel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development: Gardiner (Chair), Latvala, Lee, Margolis, Thompson -SJ 396
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 456
• Read 2nd time -HJ 519
• Amendment(s) adopted (676895) -HJ 520
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 596
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 597
• Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -HJ 606
• Immediately certified -HJ 606
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Fresen (Chair), Adkins, Ahern, Bileca, Fitzenhagen, Nunez, Perry, Pigman, Taylor, Dentel, Jones, Reed, Coley (At Large), Gonzalez (At Large), Holder (At Large), O'Toole (At Large), Precourt (At Large), Schenck (At Large), Workman (At Large), Young (At Large), Gibbons (At Large), Jones (At Large), Rouson (At Large), Thurston (At Large), Waldman (At Large) -HJ 675
• Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1096 (Ch. 2013-35), SB 1500 (Ch. 2013-40), CS/CS/SB 1720 (Ch. 2013-51)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.