The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 1762: State Technology
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability
State Technology; Creating the Department of State Technology; establishing the Fletcher Shared Resource Center within the Department of Financial Services to provide enterprise information technology services to the department, co-location services to the Department of Legal Services and the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, and host the Legislative Appropriations System/Planning and Budgeting Subsystem; transferring the personnel, functions, and funds of the Agency for Enterprise Information Technology to the Department of State Technology, etc. APPROPRIATION: $5,000,000
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1500 (Ch. 2013-40)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• SPB 7024 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1762) by Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 197
• Introduced -SJ 197
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 03/19/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 241
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/28/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 279
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/13
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 289
• Read 2nd time -SJ 313
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 373
• Amendment(s) adopted (745958) -SJ 374
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• The Senate requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -SJ 387
• Immediately certified -SJ 387
• Conference Committee appointed: Appropriations Conference Committee: Negron (Chair), Benacquisto (Vice Chair), Flores (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Margolis (At Large), Richter (At Large), Smith (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Appropriations Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice: Bradley (Chair), Clemens, Diaz de la Portilla, Garcia, Joyner; Appropriations Conference Committee on Education: Galvano (Chair), Bullard, Detert, Legg, Montford, Sachs, Thrasher; Appropriations Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Hukill (Chair), Abruzzo, Altman, Brandes, Evers, Ring, Simmons; Appropriations Conference Committee on General Government: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Dean, Simpson, Soto, Stargel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Health and Human Services: Grimsley (Chair), Bean, Flores, Gibson, Sobel; Appropriations Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development: Gardiner (Chair), Latvala, Lee, Margolis, Thompson -SJ 396
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 462
• Read 2nd time -HJ 551
• Amendment(s) adopted (521089) -HJ 562
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 603
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 604
• Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -HJ 606
• Immediately certified -HJ 606
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives McKeel (Chair), Crisafulli, Coley (At Large), Gonzalez (At Large), Holder (At Large), O'Toole (At Large), Precourt (At Large), Schenck (At Large), Workman (At Large), Young (At Large), Gibbons (At Large), Jones (At Large), Rouson (At Large), Thurston (At Large), Waldman (At Large) -HJ 675
• Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1500 (Ch. 2013-40)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.