CS/HB 5101: Education Funding
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; Fresen
Education Funding; Includes postsecondary institutions in financial emergency determinations; creates preeminent state research universities program; revises funding provisions for virtual instruction; revises duties of Florida Virtual Campus; establishes Complete Degree Program; provides BOG oversight authority; revises certain state university fees; provides requirements for maintaining postsecondary institution fund balances; revises certain FEFP student funding requirements; provides requirements for school readiness program eligibility, enrollment, & funding.
Last Action: 4/12/2013 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2013-225), CS/HB 7165 (Ch. 2013-252), CS/CS/SB 1076 (Ch. 2013-27), CS/SB 1096 (Ch. 2013-35), SB 1500 (Ch. 2013-40), SB 1514 (Ch. 2013-45), CS/CS/SB 1720 (Ch. 2013-51)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 361
• Introduced -HJ 360
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/03/13, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 5 -HJ 416
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 413
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 412
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 480
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 481
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2013-225), CS/HB 7165 (Ch. 2013-252), CS/CS/SB 1076 (Ch. 2013-27), CS/SB 1096 (Ch. 2013-35), SB 1500 (Ch. 2013-40), SB 1514 (Ch. 2013-45), CS/CS/SB 1720 (Ch. 2013-51)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.