SB 2510-A — Department of Children and Families
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Appropriations Committee (AP)
- Amends the allocation methodology for core services funding for community-based care lead agencies (CBC).
- Beginning in Fiscal Year 2015-2016 there will be no adjustment to the base core service funding for each CBC.
- Twenty percent of new core services funding shall be allocated to all CBCs, and eighty percent shall be allocated to only CBCs that have base funding that is below their equitable share as determined by the equity allocation model.
- Amends the equity allocation model, placing a greater emphasis on the number of children in the care of CBCs.
- Requires DCF to obtain legislative approval before seeking, applying for, accepting, or renewing any waiver of work requirements established by the SNAP Program.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions are effective on July 1, 2015.
Vote: Senate 37-0; House 112-0