- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2005 Florida Statutes
Duplicate certificate of title.
317.0008 Duplicate certificate of title.--
(1) The department may issue a duplicate certificate of title upon application by the person entitled to hold such a certificate if the department is satisfied that the original certificate has been lost, destroyed, or mutilated. A fee of $15 shall be charged for issuing a duplicate certificate.
(2) If, following the issuance of an original, duplicate, or corrected certificate of title by the department, the certificate is lost in transit and is not delivered to the addressee, the owner of the off-highway vehicle or the holder of a lien thereon may, within 180 days after the date of issuance of the certificate, apply to the department for reissuance of the certificate. An additional fee may not be charged for reissuance under this subsection.
(3) The department shall implement a system to verify that the application is signed by a person authorized to receive a duplicate certificate of title under this section if the address shown on the application is different from the address shown for the applicant on the records of the department.
History.--s. 62, ch. 2002-295; s. 48, ch. 2005-164.