2007 Florida Statutes
Reduction or waiver of certain permit processing fees.
218.076 Reduction or waiver of certain permit processing fees.--Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Department of Environmental Protection shall waive processing fees for renewals of exemptions from the Class G-II ground water standards for sodium, odor, chloride, color, and total dissolved solids issued to any county, municipality, or independent special district, with reclaimed water land application facilities for wastewater effluent disposal when such exemptions were granted by the department by final agency action based upon findings that:
(1) The public will benefit from the land application due to the augmentation of the shallow water aquifer for irrigation use; and
(2) Compliance with the Class G-II ground water standard for sodium, chloride, color, and total dissolved solids is unnecessary for the protection of present and future potable water supplied; and
(3) The receiving water for the discharge is the local surficial aquifer used only for irrigation and allowed discharge will not impair such use; and
(4) The constituents for which the exemptions are granted are not expected to cause health-related problems at the projected discharge concentrations; and
(5) There is no reasonable relationship between economic, social, and environmental cost of compliance with the Class G-II ground water standards for sodium, chloride, odor, color, and total dissolved solids, and the economic, social, and environmental benefits of compliance; and
(6) The State of Florida provided the majority of the funds required to construct the wastewater treatment facility creating the discharge effluent; and
(7) The potential benefit of compliance is minor; and
(8) The applicant for the permit renewal has complied with all of the terms and conditions of the exemptions previously approved and which is (are) the subject of the renewal application.
History.--s. 9, ch. 98-258.