- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2007 Florida Statutes
Ignition interlock devices, certification; warning label.
316.1938 Ignition interlock devices, certification; warning label.--
(1) The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shall certify or cause to be certified the accuracy and precision of the breath-testing component of the ignition interlock devices as required by s. 316.1937, and shall publish a list of approved devices, together with rules governing the accuracy and precision of the breath-testing component of such devices as adopted by rule in compliance with s. 316.1937 The cost of certification shall be borne by the manufacturers of ignition interlock devices.
(2) No model of ignition interlock device shall be certified unless it meets the accuracy requirements specified by rule of the department.
(3) The department shall design and adopt by rule a warning label which shall be affixed to each ignition interlock device upon installation. The label shall contain a warning that any person tampering, circumventing, or otherwise misusing the device is guilty of a violation of law and may be subject to civil liability.
History.--s. 2, ch. 90-253; s. 26, ch. 92-58.