- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2010 Florida Statutes
The general purposes of the provisions of the code are:
To proscribe conduct that improperly causes or threatens substantial harm to individual or public interest.
To give fair warning to the people of the state in understandable language of the nature of the conduct proscribed and of the sentences authorized upon conviction.
To define clearly the material elements constituting an offense and the accompanying state of mind or criminal intent required for that offense.
To differentiate on reasonable grounds between serious and minor offenses and to establish appropriate disposition for each.
To safeguard conduct that is without fault or legitimate state interest from being condemned as criminal.
To ensure the public safety by deterring the commission of offenses and providing for the opportunity for rehabilitation of those convicted and for their confinement when required in the interests of public protection.
s. 2, ch. 74-383; s. 1, ch. 77-174.