2012 Florida Statutes
440.593 Electronic reporting.—
(1) The department may establish an electronic reporting system requiring or authorizing an employer or carrier to submit required forms, reports, or other information electronically rather than by other means. The department may establish different deadlines for submitting forms, reports, or information to the department, or to its authorized agent, via the electronic reporting system than are otherwise required when reporting information by other means.
(2) The department may require any carrier to submit data electronically, either directly or through a third-party vendor, and may require any carrier or vendor submitting data to the department electronically to be certified by the department. The department may specify performance requirements for any carrier or vendor submitting data electronically.
(3) The department may revoke the certification of any carrier or vendor determined by the department to be in noncompliance with performance standards prescribed by rule for electronic submissions.
(4) The department may assess a civil penalty, not to exceed $500 for each violation, as prescribed by rule.
(5) The department may adopt rules to administer this section.
History.—s. 50, ch. 93-415; s. 29, ch. 2001-91; s. 56, ch. 2002-194.