- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2012 Florida Statutes
License and registration classification.
License and registration classification.
561.14 License and registration classification.—Licenses and registrations referred to in the Beverage Law shall be classified as follows:
(1) Manufacturers licensed to manufacture alcoholic beverages and distribute the same at wholesale to licensed distributors and to no one else within the state, unless authorized by statute. Persons engaged in the business of distilling, rectifying, or blending spirituous liquors licensed under s. 565.03(1)(a)1. and (b) shall sell and distribute such beverages at wholesale only to other manufacturers and to licensed distributors and to no one else within this state.
(2) Distributors licensed to sell and distribute alcoholic beverages at wholesale to persons who are licensed to sell alcoholic beverages.
(3) Vendors licensed to sell alcoholic beverages at retail only. No vendor shall purchase or acquire in any manner for the purpose of resale any alcoholic beverages from any person not licensed as a vendor, manufacturer, bottler, or distributor under the Beverage Law. Purchases of alcoholic beverages by vendors from vendors shall be strictly limited to purchases between members of a pool buying group for which the initial purchase of the alcoholic beverages was ordered by a pool buying agent as a single transaction. No vendor shall be a member of more than one cooperative or pool buying group at any time. No vendor shall import, or engage in the importation of, any alcoholic beverages from places beyond the limits of the state.
(4) Brokers or sales agents, whether resident or nonresident, licensed to sell, or to cause to be sold, shipped, and invoiced, alcoholic beverages to licensed manufacturers or licensed distributors, and to no one else, in this state. Such licensed brokers or sales agents, except as relates to malt beverages, only shall represent one or more primary American sources of supply, registered as such with the division, and may be compensated on a commission or remuneration basis and shall have no direct or indirect affiliation with any vendor licensed in this state. This license classification does not include manufacturers’ representatives who are registered with the division under the provisions of ss. 564.045(1) and (2) and 565.095(1) and (2).
(5) Importers, whether resident or nonresident, licensed to sell, or to cause to be sold, shipped, and invoiced, alcoholic beverages to licensed manufacturers or licensed distributors, and to no one else, in this state; provided that the provisions of ss. 564.045 and 565.095 are in no way violated by such imports. Such licensed importers shall have no direct or indirect affiliation with any vendor licensed in this state. The holder of an importer’s license shall be considered as having complied with the licensing requirements of a broker or sales agent. This license classification does not include manufacturers’ representatives who are registered with the division under the provisions of ss. 564.045(1) and (2) and 565.095(1) and (2).
(6) Bottle clubs. It is the finding of the Legislature that bottle clubs are susceptible to a distinct and separate classification under the Beverage Law for purposes of regulating establishments permitting the consumption of alcoholic beverages. Any person operating a bottle club must be licensed pursuant to this chapter and may not hold any other alcoholic beverage license for such premises while licensed as a bottle club. Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to permit the purchase at wholesale or retail of alcoholic beverages for supplying or reselling to the patrons pursuant to a license issued under this chapter. Any such business shall be subject to all general, special, and local laws regulating vendors of alcoholic beverages. Bottle club licenses shall be issued at a fee of $500 annually and shall be renewed in accordance with the schedule set out in ss. 561.26 and 561.27. This subsection shall include bottle clubs in existence on January 1, 1991. The Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco is hereby authorized to adopt rules to carry out the purposes of this section.
(7) Exporters registered to sell alcoholic beverages.
History.—s. 4, ch. 16774, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 4151(230); s. 1, ch. 19499, 1939; s. 2, ch. 25359, 1949; s. 10, ch. 26484, 1951; s. 11, ch. 57-420; s. 1, ch. 63-562; s. 1, ch. 72-230; s. 1, ch. 72-272; s. 5, ch. 79-163; s. 14, ch. 81-158; s. 3, ch. 83-79; s. 1, ch. 85-62; s. 4, ch. 89-361; s. 2, ch. 90-233; s. 6, ch. 91-60; s. 3, ch. 95-346.