- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2015 Florida Statutes
1458.3191 Physician survey.—
(1) Each person who applies for licensure renewal as a physician under this chapter or chapter 459 must, in conjunction with the renewal of such license under procedures adopted by the Department of Health and in addition to any other information that may be required from the applicant, furnish the following to the Department of Health in a physician survey:
(a) Licensee information, including, but not limited to:
1. Frequency and geographic location of practice within the state.
2. Practice setting.
3. Percentage of time spent in direct patient care.
4. Anticipated change to license or practice status.
5. Areas of specialty or certification.
(b) Availability and trends relating to critically needed services, including, but not limited to:
1. Obstetric care and services, including incidents of deliveries.
2. Radiological services, particularly performance of mammograms and breast-imaging services.
3. Physician services for hospital emergency departments and trauma centers, including on-call hours.
4. Other critically needed specialty areas, as determined by the department.
(2) Such information furnished must include a statement submitted by the physician that the information provided is true and accurate to the best of his or her knowledge and the submission does not contain any knowingly false information.
(3)(a) The Department of Health shall issue a nondisciplinary citation to any physician licensed under this chapter or chapter 459 who fails to complete the survey within 90 days after the renewal of his or her license to practice as a physician.
(b) The citation must notify a physician who fails to complete the survey required by this section that his or her license will not be renewed for any subsequent license renewal unless the physician completes the survey.
(c) In conjunction with issuing the license renewal notice required by s. 456.038, the Department of Health shall notify each physician licensed under this chapter or chapter 459 who has failed to complete the survey at the licensee’s last known address of record with the Department of Health of the requirement that the physician survey be completed prior to the subsequent license renewal. At any subsequent license renewal, the Department of Health may not renew the license of any physician licensed under this chapter or chapter 459 until the survey required under this section is completed by the licensee.
History.—s. 2, ch. 2007-172.
1Note.—Also published at s. 459.0081.