- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2015 Florida Statutes
1002.321 Digital learning.—
(1) DIGITAL LEARNING NOW ACT.—There is created the Digital Learning Now Act.
(2) ELEMENTS OF HIGH-QUALITY DIGITAL LEARNING.—The Legislature finds that each student should have access to a high-quality digital learning environment that provides:
(a) Access to digital learning.
(b) Access to high-quality digital content and online courses.
(c) Education that is customized to the needs of the student using digital content.
(d) A means for the student to demonstrate competency in completed coursework.
(e) High-quality digital content, instructional materials, and online and blended learning courses.
(f) High-quality digital instruction and teachers.
(g) Content and instruction that are evaluated on the metric of student learning.
(h) The use of funding as an incentive for performance, options, and innovation.
(i) Infrastructure that supports digital learning.
(j) Online administration of state assessments.
(3) DIGITAL PREPARATION.—As required under s. 1003.4282, a student entering grade 9 in the 2011-2012 school year and thereafter who seeks a high school diploma must take at least one online course.
(4) CUSTOMIZED AND ACCELERATED LEARNING.—A school district must establish multiple opportunities for student participation in part-time and full-time kindergarten through grade 12 virtual instruction. Options include, but are not limited to:
(a) School district operated part-time or full-time virtual instruction programs under s. 1002.45(1)(b) for kindergarten through grade 12 students enrolled in the school district. A full-time program shall operate under its own Master School Identification Number.
(b) Florida Virtual School instructional services authorized under s. 1002.37.
(c) Blended learning instruction provided by charter schools authorized under s. 1002.33.
(d) Full-time virtual charter school instruction authorized under s. 1002.33.
(e) Courses delivered in the traditional school setting by personnel providing direct instruction through virtual instruction or through blended learning courses consisting of both traditional classroom and online instructional techniques pursuant to s. 1003.498.
(f) Virtual courses offered in the course code directory to students within the school district or to students in other school districts throughout the state pursuant to s. 1003.498.
(5) INTEGRITY OF ONLINE COURSES.—It is unlawful for any person to knowingly and willfully take an online course or examination on behalf of another person for compensation. Any person who violates this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(6) ONLINE CATALOG.—The department shall develop an online catalog of available digital learning courses provided pursuant to ss. 1002.37, 1002.45, 1003.498, and 1003.499, which provides, for each course, access to the course description, completion and passage rates, and a method for student and teacher users to provide evaluative feedback.
History.—s. 1, ch. 2011-137; s. 2, ch. 2012-192; s. 1, ch. 2013-225; s. 23, ch. 2014-39.