2017 Florida Statutes
191.002 Legislative intent.—The purposes of this act are to:
(1) Provide standards, direction, and procedures concerning the operations and governance of independent special fire control districts.
(2) Provide greater uniformity in independent special fire control district operations and authority.
(3) Provide greater uniformity in the financing authority of independent special fire control districts without hampering the efficiency and effectiveness of currently authorized and implemented methods and procedures of raising revenue.
(4) Improve communication and coordination between special fire control districts and other local governments with respect to short-range and long-range planning to meet the demands for service delivery while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
(5) Provide uniform procedures for electing members of the governing boards of independent special fire control districts to ensure greater accountability to the public.
History.—s. 2, ch. 97-256.