- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
381.0202 Laboratory services.—
(1) The department shall establish and maintain, in suitable and convenient places in the state, laboratories for microbiological and chemical analyses and any other purposes it determines necessary for the protection of the public health.
(2) The department may contract or agree with any person or public or private agency to provide laboratory services relating to or having potential impact on the public health or relating to the health of clients directly under the care of the state.
(3) The department is authorized to establish and collect reasonable fees and charges for laboratory services provided. Such fees and charges shall be deposited in a trust fund administered by the department and shall be used solely for this purpose.
(4) The department may perform laboratory testing related to public health for other states on a fee-for-service basis.
History.—s. 2, ch. 29834, 1955; ss. 19, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 3, ch. 77-113; s. 77, ch. 77-147; s. 31, ch. 83-276; s. 45, ch. 91-297; s. 3, ch. 2009-57; s. 2, ch. 2017-181.
Note.—Former s. 381.321.