HB 1001: State Universities/Bd. of Governors
GENERAL BILL by Goodlette ; Mealor ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Arza ; Cannon ; Pickens ; Reagan ; Sansom ; Zapata
State Universities/Bd. of Governors; specifies constitutional duties of Board of Governors of State University System under certain provisions of State Constitution; specifies constitutional duties of Legislature; provides legislative intent; prohibits citizen members of Board of Governors of State University System & citizen members of board of trustees of local constituent university from representing principals before Legislature, etc. Amends 112.313.
Last Action: 6/22/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-285
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00088
• Referred to Education Appropriations (FC); Fiscal Council -HJ 00195; On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations (FC), 03/11/05, 9:00 am, 212-K
• Favorable by Education Appropriations (FC); YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 00226; Now in Fiscal Council -HJ 00226
• On Council agenda-- Fiscal Council, 03/18/05, 8:00 am, 212-K
• Favorable by- Fiscal Council; YEAS 19 NAYS 2 -HJ 00236; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00236
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00241
• Read third time -HJ 00282; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00282; Passed as amended; YEAS 97 NAYS 17 -HJ 00283
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Judiciary; Education Appropriations; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00353
• Withdrawn from- Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Judiciary; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00376; On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/12/05, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00454
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00454
• Withdrawn from Education Appropriations -SJ 00622; Substituted for CS/SB 1920 -SJ 00622; Read second time -SJ 00622; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00622
• Read third time -SJ 00680; Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00680
• In returning messages
• Concurred -HJ 01356; Passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 5 -HJ 01358; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01359
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-285
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.