CS/SB 1354: Sexual Offenders
GENERAL BILL by Children and Families ; Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Klein ; Lynn
Sexual Offenders; prohibits sex offender from having contact with child younger than 18; provides exception; provides that Parole Commission or court may approve sex offender having supervised contact with child younger than 18 under specified conditions; directs DOH to prepare & maintain list of "qualified practitioners"; prohibits sex offender from accessing or using Internet or other computer services without approved safety plan, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/26/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-67
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Children and Families
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Children and Families -SJ 00084
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/22/05, 3:45 pm, 37-S
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00264
• Now in Children and Families -SJ 00264
• On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 04/11/05, 2:30 pm, 301-S
• CS by- Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00421; CS read first time on 04/13/05 -SJ 00429
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00421
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00744; Read second time -SJ 00728; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00728; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00728
• Read third time -SJ 00759; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00759
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01256
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 01288; Substituted for HB 1247 -HJ 01288; Read third time -HJ 01288; CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 1 -HJ 01288
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01075
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-67
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.