CS/SB 1704: Assistive Technology Council
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Klein ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Assistive Technology Council; requires Assistive Technology Advisory Council to conduct certain activities required by federal law; revises composition of membership of council; requires that council be made up of majority who are persons with disabilities & who use assistive technology; requires council to appoint public policy & advocacy committee; provides for reappointment of members of council, etc. Amends 413.407.
Last Action: 5/4/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Substituted HB 1099 -SJ 00964; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1099 (Ch. 2005-204)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Education; Commerce and Consumer Services; Education Appropriations -SJ 00146
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/05/05, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00377; CS read first time on 04/07/05 -SJ 00384
• Now in Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00377
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 04/19/05, 9:15 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00524
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00524
• Withdrawn from Education Appropriations -SJ 00811; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Substituted HB 1099 -SJ 00964; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1099 (Ch. 2005-204)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.