CS/SB 190: Student Loans/Attorneys
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Campbell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith ; Fasano ; Aronberg ; Margolis ; Crist
Student Loans/Attorneys; provides for financial assistance program administered by Justice Administrative Commission to provide assistance to qualified assistant state attorneys & assistant public defenders, assistant attorneys general, & assistant statewide prosecutors for repayment of eligible student loans; provides definitions; provides elements of program; provides for funding. Creates 43.201.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Justice Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 02/23/05, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• Favorable with 3 amendment(s) by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Now in Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00018; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S; CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00104; CS read first time on 03/08/05 -SJ 00095; Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00104; On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 02/23/05, 2:00 pm, 110-S; Favorable with 3 amendment(s) by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00103; Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00103
• Died in Committee on Justice Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.