CS/SB 1922: Public Records/Meetings Exemptions
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Sebesta ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Miller
Public Records/Meetings Exemptions; provides exemption from public-records requirements for complaint of alleged violation of Code of Ethics for Public Officers & Employees, or any other alleged breach of public trust within jurisdiction of Commission on Ethics & Public Trust established by municipality & records re such complaint or to any preliminary investigation held by commission; provides conditions for termination of exemptions, etc. Amends 112.324.
Last Action: 6/10/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-186
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/12/05, 1:00 pm, 401-S --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/19/05, 1:30 pm, 401-S
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00525; CS read first time on 04/20/05 -SJ 00529
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00525
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 04/26/05, 11:45 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00638
• Now in Rules and Calendar -SJ 00638
• Withdrawn from Rules and Calendar -SJ 00689; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00886; Read second time -SJ 00836
• Read third time -SJ 01039; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01039
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01361; Read second and third times -HJ 01361; CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 1 -HJ 01361
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01229
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-186
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.