CS/SB 2184: Insurer Insolvency
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Baker ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Posey
Insurer Insolvency; provides exception to certain requirements for signed statement for certain claims against insolvent insurer; provides requirements for policyholder collateral, deductible reimbursements, & other policyholder obligations; provides requirements & limitations for Fla. Insurance Guaranty Association, Inc., re assesssments for covered claims payable from revenue bonds issued by counties or municipalities, etc. Amends Ch. 631.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Government Efficiency Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00211
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/05/05, 3:15 pm, 412-K --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/13/05, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00463; CS read first time on 04/19/05 -SJ 00473
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00463
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/26/05, 8:30 am, 401-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00566; Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00566
• Died in Committee on Government Efficiency Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.