CS/CS/SB 2264: Students/Instructional Costs
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations ; Education ; Atwater
Students/Instructional Costs; defines term "initial enrollment" for purposes of determining postsecondary student's residential status for tuition purposes; provides that Legislature has responsibility to establish tuition & fees; requires each university to allocate certain percentage amount raised by tuition increases to financial aid for students; provides that certain students are ineligible to receive more than one state-funded tuition assistance grant, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Education; Children and Families; Education Appropriations -SJ 00216
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/28/05, 3:15 pm, 110-S
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00300; CS read first time on 03/30/05 -SJ 00313
• Now in Children and Families -SJ 00300
• Withdrawn from Children and Families; Education Appropriations -SJ 00299; Rereferred to Government Efficiency Appropriations; Education Appropriations -SJ 00299
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 04/14/05, 4:45 pm, 110-S
• Withdrawn from Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00418; Now in Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, 412-K --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/26/05, 3:00 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00690; CS read first time on 04/28/05 -SJ 00699
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00690
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00744; Read second time -SJ 00716
• Read third time -SJ 00756; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00756
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01565; Read second time -HJ 01565; Read third time -HJ 01565; CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 1 -HJ 01565
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01661
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received, referred to Rules and Calendar (2005-B) -SJ 00013, -SJ 00023; (2006 Regular Session) -SJ 00204, -SJ 00214
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.