CS/CS/SB 2494: Disposition of Unclaimed Property
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Banking and Insurance ; Clary
Disposition of Unclaimed Property; provides definitions; amends provision re funds in financial organizations to provide for documented telephone contact in certain cases; revises time in which stock, equity interest, & certain debt of business association is presumed unclaimed; provides additional exception to reporting of unclaimed property; provides for costs & fees in cases seeking garnishment of certain unclaimed property, etc. Amends Ch.717.
Last Action: 5/2/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00811; Substituted HB 1527 -SJ 00775; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1527 (Ch. 2005-163)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary -SJ 00274
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/13/05, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00463; CS read first time on 04/19/05 -SJ 00475
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00463
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/26/05, 11:45 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00690; CS read first time on 04/28/05 -SJ 00700
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00690
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00811; Substituted HB 1527 -SJ 00775; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1527 (Ch. 2005-163)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.