CS/HB 319: Freedom to Worship Safely Act
GENERAL BILL by Ryan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Bullard ; Gannon ; Greenstein ; Holloway ; Kottkamp ; Dick ; Porth ; Quinones ; Sands ; Seiler ; Sobel ; Vana ; Waters
Freedom to Worship Safely Act; provides for upgrading of degree of offense that involves use or threat of physical force or violence if offense is committed on property of religious institution while victim is on property for purpose of participating in or attending religious service; provides for severity ranking of offenses; provides for application of severity ranking chart of Criminal Punishment Code; provides applicability, etc. Creates 775.0861; amends 921.0022.
Last Action: 5/26/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-77
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice (JC); Justice Appropriations (FC); Justice Council
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice (JC), 02/23/05, 10:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by Criminal Justice (JC); YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b)
• Now in Justice Appropriations (FC)
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice (JC); Justice Appropriations (FC); Justice Council -HJ 00034; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice (JC), 02/23/05, 10:00 am, 404-H; Favorable with CS amendment by Criminal Justice (JC); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00154; Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Justice Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00154
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations (FC), 03/18/05, 9:45 am, 214-C
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations (FC); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00235; Now in Justice Council -HJ 00235
• On Council agenda-- Justice Council, 03/30/05, 8:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable by- Justice Council; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00301; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00301
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00347; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00347
• Read third time -HJ 00374; Passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 00374
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00477
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00784; Substituted for CS/SB 1096 -SJ 00784; Read second time -SJ 00784
• Read third time -SJ 00850; Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00850
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 01247
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-77
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.