CS/SB 494: Renewable Energy
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Bennett ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist ; Posey
Renewable Energy; requires public utilities, municipal utilities, & rural electric cooperatives to offer purchase contract to producers of renewable energy; provides requirements for such contracts; requires that producer pay costs for interconnection; specifies that requirements for purchase of renewable energy apply to municipal utilities; revises permit requirement for waste-to-energy facility, etc. Creates 366.91; amends 366.11, 403.7061.
Last Action: 4/13/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00418; Read second time -SJ 00409; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00409; Substituted HB 77 -SJ 00409; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 77 (Ch. 2005-259)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Environmental Preservation; Community Affairs
• Introduced, referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Environmental Preservation; Community Affairs -SJ 00035
• On Committee agenda-- Communications and Public Utilities, 03/15/05, 9:00 am, 301-S
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Communications and Public Utilities; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00187; Now in Environmental Preservation -SJ 00187
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation, 03/21/05, 2:45 pm, 401-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Environmental Preservation; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00246
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00246
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/28/05, 3:15 pm, 401-S --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/05/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by- Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00378; CS read first time on 04/07/05 -SJ 00380
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00378
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00418; Read second time -SJ 00409; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00409; Substituted HB 77 -SJ 00409; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 77 (Ch. 2005-259)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.