CS/SB 530: DUI/Ignition Interlock Device
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Haridopolos ; Sebesta
DUI/Ignition Interlock Device; corrects cross-reference; directs HSMV to require placement of department-approved ignition interlock device on specified vehicles operated by any person convicted of committing certain driving-under-the-influence offenses; directs dept. to require installation of ignition interlock if court fails to order mandatory placement of device or fails to order placement for applicable period, etc. Amends 322.271; creates 322.2715.
Last Action: 6/3/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-138
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Criminal Justice; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/08/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/22/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S --Temporarily postponed
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Criminal Justice; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00037; On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/08/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S --Temporarily postponed; On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/22/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S --Temporarily postponed; On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/08/05, 2:30 pm, 37-S; Favorable with 4 amendment(s) by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00134
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00134
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/15/05, 12:00 noon, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00187
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00187
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations, 04/04/05, 2:00 pm, 309-C
• CS by- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00325; CS read first time on 04/05/05 -SJ 00327
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00325
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Read second time -SJ 00621
• Read third time -SJ 00753; CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00753
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01170; Read second and third times -HJ 01170; Substituted for HB 261 -HJ 01170; CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 01170
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00909
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-138
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.