SB 550: Property Tax Exemption/Disabled Vets
GENERAL BILL by Clary ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fasano ; Bennett ; Posey ; Lynn
Property Tax Exemption/Disabled Vets; defines term "ex-service member" for purposes of Exemption laws; revises qualifications for exemption; entitles surviving spouse of disabled ex-service member to exemption from property taxation for value of certain property under certain circumstances. Amends 196.012,.24.
Last Action: 5/24/2005 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor; Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-42
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/08/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0; Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations
• Also referred to Ways and Means (Reference Correction)
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00038; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/08/05, 9:00 am, 401-S; Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00102; Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00102; On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 03/10/05, 12:30 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00176; Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00176
• Withdrawn from Ways and Means -SJ 00553; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Read second time -SJ 00606
• Read third time -SJ 00659; Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00659
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01157
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second and third times -HJ 01232; Substituted for HB 83 -HJ 01233; Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01233
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00909
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor; Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-42
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.