SB 558: Cruelty to Animals
GENERAL BILL by Rich ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Sebesta ; Bennett ; Wilson ; Bullard ; Aronberg
Cruelty to Animals; increases certain minimum mandatory fines & periods of incarceration for certain acts of cruelty to animals; provides definition; provides that it is first-degree misdemeanor for person to intentionally drag or fell by tail bovine animal in organized sports exhibition; provides clarification regarding techniques or practices that are not prohibited. Amends 828.12,.121.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 House - Died in Committee on Agriculture (SRC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Agriculture; Criminal Justice
• Introduced, referred to Agriculture; Criminal Justice -SJ 00038; On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 03/09/05, 9:00 am, 37-S
• Favorable by Agriculture; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00134; Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00134
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/22/05, 3:45 pm, 37-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00265
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00265
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00299; Read second time -SJ 00297; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00297; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00297
• Read third time -SJ 00317; Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00317
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Agriculture (SRC) -HJ 01252
• Died in Committee on Agriculture (SRC)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.