CS/HB 775: Child Support Enforcement
GENERAL BILL by Future of Florida's Families Committee ; Galvano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Homan ; Kendrick ; Stargel
Child Support Enforcement; provides civil penalties for employers, unions, & plan administrators not in compliance with requirements of national medical support notice; provides for sharing of information between consumer reporting agencies & DOR re amount of current support owed; provides for amendment of allocation of support recovery within settlement agreement; provides procedure for redirecting payments to person with whom child resides, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/26/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-82; See also HB 1283 (Ch. 2005-39)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice (JC); Insurance (CC); State Administration Appropriations (FC); Justice Council
• Introduced, referred to Civil Justice (JC); Insurance (CC); State Administration Appropriations (FC); Justice Council -HJ 00072; On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice (JC), 03/09/05, 10:00 am, 24-H
• Favorable by Civil Justice (JC); YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -HJ 00196; Now in Insurance (CC) -HJ 00196
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance (CC), 03/17/05, 2:45 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Insurance (CC); YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 00257
• Now in State Administration Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00257; On Committee agenda-- State Administration Appropriations (FC), 03/23/05, 4:15 pm, 12-H
• Favorable by State Administration Appropriations (FC); YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00269
• Now in Justice Council -HJ 00269
• On Council agenda-- Justice Council, 04/06/05, 8:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Justice Council; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00484
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00484
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00499; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00500
• Read third time -HJ 00516; Passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 00516
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Children and Families; Judiciary; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00590
• Withdrawn from Children and Families; Judiciary; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00606; Substituted for CS/SB 1262 -SJ 00606; Read second time -SJ 00606
• Read third time -SJ 00659; Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00659
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 01086
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-82; See also HB 1283 (Ch. 2005-39)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.