SB 1022: Highways & Adjacent Canal/Guardrails
GENERAL BILL by Bullard ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Siplin ; Geller ; Lawson ; Campbell ; Hill ; Miller ; Klein ; Wilson
Highways & Adjacent Canal/Guardrails; requires that guardrails or other barriers be installed between highway & adjacent canal or waterway; requires that DOT adopt rules establishing certain standards governing installation of barriers; requires that barriers be installed for existing highways by specified date; defines term "highway"; provides for installation & maintenance of required barriers by DOT or local governmental entity that maintains highway adjacent to barriers.
Last Action: 5/3/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00862; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00862; Substituted HB 959 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 00862; Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00101
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 04/18/06, 1:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Transportation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00446
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00446; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/24/06, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00578; Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00579
• Withdrawn from Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00646; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00862; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00862; Substituted HB 959 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 00862; Laid on Table
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.