HB 1091: Insurer Insolvency
GENERAL BILL by Ambler ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Traviesa
Insurer Insolvency; provides exception to certain requirements for signed statement for certain claims; revises definition of "covered claim"; revises requirements & limitations for obligations of Fla. Insurance Guaranty Association, Inc., for covered claims; provides for issuance of revenue bonds through counties & municipalities to fund assistance programs for paying covered claims for hurricane damage, etc. Amends 631.181,.54,.57; creates 631.695.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Commerce Council, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 1980 (Ch. 2006-12)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Insurance (CC); Local Government Council; State Administration Appropriations (FC); Commerce Council
• Introduced, referred to Insurance (CC); Local Government Council; State Administration Appropriations (FC); Commerce Council -HJ 00083
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance (CC), 03/23/06, 2:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Insurance (CC); YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00299
• Now in Local Government Council -HJ 00299
• On Council agenda-- Local Government Council, 03/29/06, 1:00 pm, 404-H
• Favorable by Local Government Council; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -HJ 00316
• Now in State Administration Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00316
• On Committee agenda-- State Administration Appropriations (FC), 04/11/06, 9:30 am, 12-H
• Favorable by State Administration Appropriations (FC); YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -HJ 00416; Now in Commerce Council -HJ 00416
• Died in Commerce Council, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 1980 (Ch. 2006-12)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.