SB 1282: K-8 Virtual School Program
GENERAL BILL by Carlton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard ; Bennett ; Baker ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Constantine ; Fasano ; Webster ; King ; Posey ; Haridopolos
K-8 Virtual School Program; establishes said program within DOE; authorizes participating schools to be for-profit or nonprofit entities; requires that instructional personnel have Florida teaching certificates; requires education plans to conform to Sunshine State Standards; requires school applicants to provide 3-year financial plan; requires participating schools to provide each student with equipment, materials, & services necessary to receive instruction, etc.
Last Action: 5/30/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-48
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/06/06, 2:15 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Introduced, referred to Education; Education Appropriations -SJ 00116; On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/06/06, 2:15 pm, 110-S; Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00229; Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00229
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 412-K
• Favorable by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00374; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00374
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00446; Read second time -SJ 00439
• Read third time -SJ 00482; Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00482
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01002
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 7039 -HJ 01035; Read second time -HJ 01035
• Read third time -HJ 01153; Passed; YEAS 108 NAYS 9 -HJ 01153
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00968
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-48
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.