CS/CS/SB 1488: Telephone Calling Records
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Communications and Public Utilities ; Aronberg ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Miller ; Campbell ; Crist
Telephone Calling Records; prohibits person from obtaining or attempting to obtain calling record of another person by making false or fraudulent statements or by providing false or fraudulent documents to telecommunications company, or by selling or offering to sell calling record that was obtained in fraudulent manner; provides that it is not violation of act for law enforcement agency or said company to obtain calling records for specified purposes, etc.
Last Action: 4/21/2006 Senate - Substituted HB 871 -SJ 00533; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 871 (Ch. 2006-141)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Criminal Justice; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Communications and Public Utilities, 03/06/06, 2:15 pm, 301-S
• CS by Communications and Public Utilities; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Introduced, referred to Communications and Public Utilities; Criminal Justice; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00127; On Committee agenda-- Communications and Public Utilities, 03/06/06, 2:15 pm, 301-S; CS by Communications and Public Utilities; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00229; CS read first time on 03/09/06 -SJ 00233
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00229
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/15/06, 1:00 pm, 37-S
• CS/CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00261; CS read first time on 03/16/06 -SJ 00264
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00261
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 37-S
• Favorable by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00374
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00374
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00446; Read second time -SJ 00443
• Substituted HB 871 -SJ 00533; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 871 (Ch. 2006-141)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.