CS/CS/SB 1508: Ad Valorem Property Taxes
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Government Efficiency Appropriations ; Haridopolos ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baker
Ad Valorem Property Taxes; authorizes counties to cap annual growth in ad valorem tax revenues by charter if approved by three-fifths vote of electorate; provides requirements & limitations; provides an exception; prohibits ad valorem tax levies by counties in excess of amounts specified in county charter; prohibits ad valorem tax levies by counties through municipal service taxing units in excess of amounts specified in ordinance establishing unit. Amends 200.071.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/06/06, 2:15 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00128; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/06/06, 2:15 pm, 401-S; Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00192
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 03/15/06, 3:30 pm, 110-S
• CS by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 00277; CS read first time on 03/22/06 -SJ 00306
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00277
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/18/06, 4:15 pm, 301-S
• CS/CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 00503; CS read first time on 04/20/06 -SJ 00507
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00504
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.