CS/SB 174: Theft of Property
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Rich ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Smith ; Posey
Theft of Property; provides that if offender threatens to use weapon or firearm during course of robbery, offender commits felony of first degree; provides for penalties; reenacts specified provision re offense severity ranking chart of Criminal Punishment Code, to incorporate amendment to specified provision in references thereto. Amends 812.13; reenacts 921.0022(3)(f),(h),(i).
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Committee on Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00054; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S --Temporarily postponed; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00194; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00180; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00194
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/15/06, 1:00 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00260
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00260
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 37-S
• Favorable by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00374
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00374
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00446; Read second time -SJ 00440
• Read third time -SJ 00484; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00484
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC); Justice Council -HJ 00992
• Died in Committee on Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.