CS/CS/SB 178: Controlled Substances
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Saunders ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard
Controlled Substances; prohibits sale, manufacture, alteration, delivery, uttering, or possession of counterfeit-resistant prescription blanks for controlled substances; provides definition; requires DOH to establish electronic system to monitor prescribing of controlled substances listed in Schedules II, III, & IV; requires dispensing of said substance to be reported through system; provides reporting requirements, etc. Creates 831.311, 893.055,.065; amends 893.04. APPROPRIATION: $4,402,347.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Died in Committee on Justice Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Care; Criminal Justice; Health and Human Services Appropriations; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Health Care; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/15/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Health Care; Criminal Justice; Health and Human Services Appropriations; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00054; On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 412-K; Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Health Care; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00191; Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00191; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/15/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00194; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00181; Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00194
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 401-S
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00580; CS read first time on 04/26/06 -SJ 00582
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00580
• Died in Committee on Justice Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.