SB 1840: Homestead Exemption/Seniors
JOINT RESOLUTION by Haridopolos ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pruitt ; Baker ; Bennett ; Atwater ; Fasano ; King ; Alexander
Homestead Exemption/Seniors; constitutional amendment to increase maximum additional homestead exemption for low income seniors from $25,000 to $50,000 effective January 1, 2007. Amends s.6, Art. VII; creates s. 26, Art XII.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; General Government Appropriations; Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; General Government Appropriations; Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00148
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/21/06, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00276
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00276
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 04/18/06, 4:15 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00447
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00447; On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 301-S
• Favorable by General Government Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00579
• Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00579
• Withdrawn from Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00577; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Substituted HJR 353 -SJ 00900; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HJR 353 (Passed)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.