SB 186: Postsentence DNA Testing
GENERAL BILL by Villalobos ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Crist ; Argenziano
Postsentence DNA Testing; revises circumstances under which person who has been sentenced for committing felony may petition court for postsentence testing of DNA evidence; abolishes certain time limitations imposed upon such testing; authorizes governmental entity to dispose of physical evidence if sentence imposed has expired & another law or rule does not require that evidence be retained; provides for retroactive application. Amends 925.11.
Last Action: 5/2/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Read second time -SJ 00821; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00821; Substituted HB 61 -SJ 00823; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 61 (Ch. 2006-292)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00054; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S; Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00193; Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 37-S
• Favorable by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00579
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00579
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00827; Read second time -SJ 00821; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00821; Substituted HB 61 -SJ 00823; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 61 (Ch. 2006-292)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.