CS/CS/SB 256: Scholarship Program Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Government Efficiency Appropriations ; Judiciary ; King ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Wise ; Atwater ; Crist
Scholarship Program Accountability; amends provisions re John M. McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Program; revises student eligibility requirements for receipt of scholarship & restricts eligibility therefor; revises & adds school district obligations & clarifies parental options; provides funding & payment requirements for former Fla. School for Deaf & Blind students & for students exiting DJJ program, etc. Amends 1002.39, 220.187; creates 1002.421.
Last Action: 6/6/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-75; See also HB 75 (Ch. 2006-126)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Judiciary; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Education Appropriations; Ways and Means
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/24/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable with 7 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00058
• Introduced, referred to Education; Judiciary; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Education Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00058; On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/24/06, 9:00 am, 110-S; Favorable with 7 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/06, 3:15 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00448; CS read first time on 04/19/06 -SJ 00449
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00448
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 04/18/06, 4:15 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00503; CS read first time on 04/20/06 -SJ 00504
• Withdrawn from- Education Appropriations -SJ 00446; Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00503
• Withdrawn from Ways and Means -SJ 00577; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00738
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -SJ 00759; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00760; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00761
• Read third time -SJ 00974; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00974; CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00974
• In Messages; Received -HJ 01295; Read second time -HJ 01295; Read third time -HJ 01295; CS passed; YEAS 95 NAYS 21 -HJ 01295
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01129
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-75; See also HB 75 (Ch. 2006-126)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.