SB 26: Constitutional Amendment/Initiative
JOINT RESOLUTION by King ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Atwater
Constitutional Amendment/Initiative; constitutional amendment to require that constitutional amendment or revision proposed by initiative amend existing article of this constitution on same subject & matter, except that any proposed amendment or revision of Article X must amend or repeal existing section of that article on same subject & matter; addresses basic or fundamental right of citizen of this state, etc. Amends s. 3, Art. XI.
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Judiciary; Rules and Calendar
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/14/06, 9:30 am, 412-K
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 0; Now in Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Ethics and Elections; Judiciary; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00047; On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 02/14/06, 9:30 am, 412-K; Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193
• Died in Committee on Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.