CS/SB 2714: Public Records/Custodians
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Klein ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard
Public Records/Custodians; requires agency head who appoints designee to act as custodian of public records to provide notice to public; requires custodians of said records & their designees to respond to requests to inspect & copy public records promptly & in good faith & to respond to requests to inspect & copy public records during regular business hours; corrects cross-references. Amends 119.07, 497.140, 627.311,.351.
Last Action: 4/28/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Substituted HB 1097 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 00688; Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Judiciary -SJ 00299
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 04/04/06, 3:15 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00398; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00414
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00398
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/25/06, 1:45 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00579
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00579
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Substituted HB 1097 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 00688; Laid on Table
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.