CS/CS/SB 360: Commission on Capital Cases
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Campbell
Commission on Capital Cases; specifies that capital collateral regional counsels are part of legislative branch; specifies criteria that private attorney must satisfy in order to be eligible to be appointed as counsel in postconviction capital collateral proceeding; provides that attorney may submit to CFO for approval proposed budget as alternative to statutory attorney's fees for representing capital defendant, etc. Amends Ch. 27, 216.011.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Justice Council
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/11/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00066; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/11/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00194; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00183; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00194; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S; Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00193; Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 37-S
• CS/CS by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00399; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00401
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00501
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -SJ 00524; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00524; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00524
• Read third time -SJ 00545; CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 00546
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Justice Council -HJ 00993
• Died in Justice Council
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.